Curse preconditions: ornaments that borrowed the householders only accusation
A famous song sings: “The best friends of girls are diamonds.” At any time, not only ladies, but also men liked to decorate themselves with jewelry, and they did not care where they came from. But sometimes ornaments brought their owners not only joy, but unhappiness. Some are skeptical of these statements, while others are even afraid to take “damned” jewelry.
According to legend, the blue diamond “Hope” began its “bloody” story, after it was stolen from the temple of the Indian deity Sita. The stone was meant for rituals, so anyone was allowed to own it alone. It is said that the misfortunes fell on the sun-king Louis XIV after he ordered to limit the diamond. After the death of the monarch, the following owners of the stone waited for the unenviable fate: Louis XV died of an unknown disease, Marie-Antoinette was chopped off, the minion who wore this ornament, overtook a violent death.
In subsequent centuries, the owners of the blue diamond also could not escape the curse and did not die by their own death. Stopped the curse of the famous jeweler Henry Winston. He bought Nadezhda from the last owners and gave it to the Smithsonian Institute. Now no one owns a diamond alone, so the “bloody” history of it is over.
A beautiful diamond weighing 67.5 carats in the 19th century was found in Indian mines. Originally, the stone was called the Eye of Brahma. Again, the diamond was stolen from a statue of an Indian deity. In 1932, the stone hit the United States. He was brought back by J. Peris, who then jumped off the skyscraper. The next two owners of the stone princess Nadezhda Orlova and Leonil Galitsyn-Bariatinsky expected the same fate. Both women committed suicide by jumping off the roof of buildings. To “destroy the curse”, the stone was divided into three parts.
As a rule, the ancient kings, hiding their jewelry, imposed curses upon them. So it happened and the Lydian treasures, which belonged to King Cresus, who ruled in the 6th century BC. e. 150 relics were discovered only in 1965. All seven who participated in the excavation, died suddenly.
The most famous treasure of King Croesus was a brooch in the form of a running horse.
For some reason, all the owners, soon after the purchase of jewelry, tried to get rid of it. In 2006, the brooch was in the Turkish museum, from where it was stolen. The abductors could not sell it, and seven years later they appeared on the threshold of the German police department and handed over the relic, saying that it brought them many setbacks.
This amethyst was demonstrated to the public only 30 years ago. Before that, he had long been in the museum storehouses, sealed in a box. It is believed that this stone was stolen in the temple of Indra (India) in 1857 and brought to England. Over time, the amethyst was in Edward Geron-Allen. The writer, being an impressionable person, connected all the misfortunes that happened to him with the jewel. Geron-Allen gave amethyst to his friends, but, after a while, they returned the gift back.
Then the writer threw the ill-starred amethyst into the canal, but three months later a stone was discovered by a miracle catcher of oysters, sold to a secondhand dealer, who took it to the Natural History Museum where Edward Geron-Allen worked. Frightened of the “return” of the stone, the writer put it in seven boxes and deposited it in the bank, ordering that the package was opened only three years after the death of the owner.